Thursday, February 9, 2012

You Want to Major in What???

I've been meaning to post this for two weeks now, and kept forgetting. The guy that wrote this could have been me, 25 years ago. Here it is: 10 Ways Being a Theatre Major Prepared Me for Success
When I chose my major, I had no pipe dreams about becoming a professional actor. I did it because more than one wise adult had advised me that my actual major in college would have less impact on my eventual job search than having the actual degree. “Study what you love” I was told, “not what you think will get you a job.” I listened for once and chose theatre because I’d done it all through my secondary education, I had relative success doing it, and because I simply loved being a part of it. Fortunately, my parents gave me absolutely no grief about my choice (unlike most of my fellow majors. Thanks mom & dad!)
Read the whole post.

No comments: